Monday, November 14, 2011

Book for LIB 110

As for myself language came pretty easy, although I was not born in the states, the English language was introduced to me pretty quickly. I would say that it is much easier for a young individual to learn a new language. Yet it was not always easy, I would always speak Russian at home and it would throw me off from learning the English language. I would say that I am grateful that my parents moved to New York. It made me who I am today. I really can't imagine how my life would have been if I was to be raised in Russia. I look through my fathers childhood pictures asking myself what if... What if I was to grow up in a different country? I would just imagine. How would life be without a computer? I would ask my parents, the answer was very simple. They were all family oriented, spending quality time with one another. At times I want to visit the old country, many say that there is nothing to see out there, just endless roads without any pavement. I insist on visiting perhaps one day. I feel as if I am missing something if I do not visit. I feel as if it is part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment