Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The "connection"

When it comes to Law and Human Rights, I quickly see a connection between my English class with Justin Rogers Cooper and my Law and Human rights class with with Ms.B. I have established a connection with these two classes right away. See, in Law and Human Rights we learn about the right that we as humans have as soon as we come to life and laws that may protect those rights or laws that may go against the right that we have in order to protect us from some other sort of harm.Where as in English I would say that we may feel what people experienced when their rights were taken from them. We may look into the first passage we read in English, the character who went by the name of Equiano was a slave, his rights were taken from him..The freedom that he was "born" with was taken  from him and his sister. The emotion that Equiano puts into his writing makes us shiver when we read how he attempted to flee from his slave owners.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the statement, "...in Law and Human rights we learn about the right that we as humans have as soon as we come to life and laws that may protect those rights or laws that may go against the right that we have in order to protect us from some other sort of harm." I mentioned an idea closely related in my posting. It is difficult to determine which human rights are of greater importance given that certain ones conflict with others in specific situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smooth title! I can relate to how you see the connection in Ms. B class and Prof. Cooper's class. I did not until you explained it in class, but it open the idea and thought of how both topics in the class connect.

    ReplyDelete